The Howry-Hill-Sultan house, better known as Fiddler’s Folly, located at 520 North Lamar Boulevard, Oxford, Mississippi, was built in 1878. In 1875, Charles Howry, prominent attorney, commissioned architect James Stewart to design this elegant Italianate house using pre-cut materials shipped by boat and assembled on site. Later owners with an impressive violin collection named it Fiddler’s Folly on the occasion of Oxford first pilgrimage on 1962. Today, the home is owned by Mr. and Mrs. Tom Davis. Fiddler’s Folly, as part of the North Lamar District, was declared a National Historic Place on November 14, 2007.