By Adam Brown
Getting the halftime munchies during game day at Vaught-Hemmingway Stadium this season will be a new experience with new food options.
This season, Rebel fans will be able to pick up new treats like local pizza, cookies and ice cream throughout the stadium to eat during the game.
Ole Miss and the Centerplate team, an organization that provides food and beverage services for Ole Miss Athletic events, created new and diverse options for fans this season including Fergndan’s Pizza, Great American Cookies, Marble Slab Creamery, Burger Me, Chop’s Tacho’s and Tony’s Grab and Go.
Vice President of Centerplate, Darren Hubbard, said the addition of food places inside the stadium will hopefully be appealing to returning fans.
“We looked for local businesses that like to support Ole Miss Athletics,” he said.
New Game Day additions to the Vaught:
Fergndan’s Wood Fired Pizza
- Fresh hand-tossed pizza, sold in sections A and L.
Fergndan’s will have two brick ovens in the stadium that are fired-up right in front of fans.
Great American Cookies and Marble Slab Creamery
- Double Dooizes, cookie cake slices and ice cream will be sold in sections S7, D and L.
(GAC) did well at basketball and baseball and wanted to come back for football, according to Hubbard.
- A made-to-order burger stand, located in section B
Fans can fully customize their burger, from buns to toppings, according to Hubbard. Once the order goes back to the kitchen, it will take about four-minutes for fans to receive their burger.
- Famous Chop’s BBQ Pork served on a bed of tater tots and topped with nacho cheese, BBQ sauce and jalapeños. Located in section C.
Tony’s Grab and Go
- A convenience store layout featuring an expanded menu of drinks, snacks and Healthy Rebel items. Located in section S1.