1. Alabama 100 Still the star of the west. The 37 point blowout of
Louisville reminded us that nothing has changed.
2. Georgia 97 Austin Peay was not any indication. However, this week
at SC will say volumes about the race in the east.
3. Auburn 97 Could be the league’s sleeper this season. Taking
advantage of Washington miscues was the difference.
4. South Car. 91 Coastal Carolina was a nice warmup to the pending
storm this week. A must win early for the Gamecocks.
5. LSU 90 Not taking anything away from the Tiger victory, however,
Miami does not look like a top ten team. AU awaits 9/15.
6. Florida 88 The jury is still out on this chapter of Gator football. KY
this week will provide a better insight to the future.
7. TX A&M 87 The Aggie matchup with Clemson this week will be a telltale
sign for SEC foes.
8. MSU 85 The Bulldogs are off to a fast start. Each week starts getting
more difficult with an unusual road game at Kansas State next.
9. Ole Miss 82 The Rebel Air Force won’t allow this team stay 9th much
longer if they keep playing up to their potential.
10. Missouri 79 Has Mizzou turned a corner? This weekend the Tigers play host to Wyoming. Next week on the road at Purdue will help answer this question.
11. Vandy 72 Impressive opening win versus MTSU. Nevada next and
then that trip to South Bend. Ouch!
12. Kentucky 70 Central Michigan was an exhibition game compared to
this week in Gainesville.
13. Arkansas 70 A team with low expectations. On the road to Colorado State
will showcase how bad these guys truly are or aren’t.
14. Tennessee 67 My how far the once mighty have fallen. If the pass “D” doesn’t
correct itself quickly, Smokey is looking at an 0-8 SEC tally.
There you have it after the opening bell. Ole Miss looked outstanding against Texas Tech. My grades….Offense A+ Defense B- Special Teams A+. The two-point underdog winning by 3 TD’s made a Texas two-step statement! Congratulations are in order and well deserved to Coach Luke and the entire team. This group is truly fun to watch!
Steve Vassallo is a HottyToddy.com contributor. Steve writes on Ole Miss athletics, Oxford business, politics and other subjects. He is an Ole Miss grad and former radio announcer for the basketball team. Currently, Steve is an active Economic Development Consultant working with communities globally who live in Oxford with his wife Rosie. You can contact Steve at email@example.com or call him at 985-852-7745.Sign up to receive Hottytoddy.com morning and evening headline emails HERE!