With the first home game set to take place this Saturday, Sept. 8 at 3 p.m. against Southern Illinois, the Ole Miss Alumni Association has compiled a guide full of weekend events to engage participation.
Thursday, Sept. 6
- OMAA Scholarship Recipient Social: Students receiving scholarships from the Alumni Association will meet at the Tripplet Alumni Center from 4-5 p.m. will gather for an ice cream social and group photo.
- Thacker Mountain Radio Show: A free show on The Square at Off Square Books will feature author Beck Dorey-Stein and music by singer-songwriters Grayson Capps and Amy Andrews at 6 p.m.
- Celebrating The Arts: At 6 p.m. The Ford Center will host the Capital Campaign. A ticket is required to attend the show.
- Ole Miss Quarterback Club: The club will meet at The Library Sports Bar at 6:30 p.m. with guest speakers Derek Nix and Carlos Clark. Free pizza and door prizes will be involved. You must be a member of the Quarterback Club to attend this event.
Friday, Sept. 7
- Happy Hour at The Inn at Ole Miss: Hotel guests entering town for game day are invited to The Inn at Ole Miss Happy Hour from 4-6 p.m in the lobby. Guests will receive a complimentary drink ticket upon check-in to receive a beer or spritzer. A cash bar is available for those people not staying at the hotel.
- Grove Closed for Tailgating Set-up: No entrance to The Grove in preparation for “Rush The Grove” starting at 6:30 p.m.
- Rush The Grove: Grove opens at 7 p.m. for tailgaters to set up their tents.
Saturday, Sept. 8
- Game day Breakfast: Breakfast at The McCormick Cafe in the Inn at Ole Miss from 6:30-10 a.m. available for purchased at $7.95 for adults and $4.95 for children 8 and under.
- Alumni Association Member Zone: Alumni Association members are invited to enjoy refreshments, football and fellowship from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at The Triplett Alumni Center. This event is free to active member and children of active members. Guests are $15 per person. Drawings will be held for door prizes and people must be present to win.
- Meek School of Journalism and New Media Tailgate: Journalism Alumni, faculty, staff, students and friends tailgating together at noon at Farley Hall.
- Walk of Champions: The Walk of Champions will begin in the Grove at 12:45 p.m. and cross University Avenue, making its way to Vaught-Hemingway Stadium on a new paved path located between Faser Hall and Shoemaker Hall.
- M-Club Room: Catering provided to all active M-Club members in the M-club room at 1 p.m.
- Ole Miss Football Game: In Vaught-Hemmingway Stadium at 3 p.m. against Southern Illinois.
Sunday, Sept. 9
- Breakfast: Breakfast at The McCormick Cafe in the Inn at Ole Miss from 6:30-10 a.m. available for purchased at $7.95 for adults and $4.95 for children 8 and under.
- Performance by John Crist — Good Medicine Tour: At 7 p.m. comedian and viral video sensation John Crist performs in the Ford Center. Ticket required.
hottytoddy.com staff report.