The Pavilion will be rocking tonight as the Ole Miss men’s basketball team faces UMass (the University of Massachusetts) in a “Space Jam”-themed night featuring great music from the classic 1996 movie starring Michael Jordan, along with events and free giveaways.
The first 1,000 students will receive a free RebelSquad T-shirt, and the first 1,000 fans will receive a commemorative Ole Miss Space Jam poster shown at right. The game starts at 6 p.m., but fans will need to arrive early to get the freebies. There will be several events throughout the game tied to the Space Jam theme, including a half-time knockout contest.
Get in the Space Jam mood with the fun video below featuring the movie’s signature theme song! The video features the t-shirts that the first 1,000 students will receive for free. “Everybody get up, it’s time to slam now. We got a real jam goin’ down. Welcome to the Space Jam. Get your chance, do your dance at the Space Jam!”
Video Courtesy Ole Miss Athletics
Below is an an excerpt from the Game Notes for Tonight’s Game Courtesy Ole Miss Athletics For the full game notes summary, CLICK HERE.
• Ole Miss hosts UMass Monday night as the Rebels look to improve to 2-0 on the season after a 86-83 season- opening win over UT Martin. The Rebels are now 10-1 in season openers under Andy Kennedy.
• A win over UMass will move head coach Andy Kennedy into a tie for 20th on the SEC career coaching victories list with Joel Eaves of Auburn at 214 wins.
• Junior G Deandre Burnett scored a game-high 23 points in his Ole Miss debut versus the Skyhawks, which is the most points by a Rebel in his debut since Johnny Neumann scored 41 points in 1971.
• The Rebels committed 24 turnovers in the victory over UT Martin, which is the most turnovers in a win during the Andy Kennedy era.
• Sophomore G Terence Davis scored a career-high 19 points in the season opener against UT Martin. Davis hit 9 of 13 shots from the field and grabbed six boards in 25 minutes off the bench.
• Ole Miss has racked up a 52-9 record in November games under Andy Kennedy, incluiding a 1-0 mark this year.
• Last season, head coach Andy Kennedy moved past MSU’s Rick Stansbury for the fourth-most wins by a head coach in their first 10 years after taking over an SEC program. Kennedy trails only Joe B. Hall, of Kentucky, (227), Billy Donovan, of Florida, (226) and Wimp Sanderson, of Alabama, (216) in SEC history.
• The Rebels were predicted to finish ninth in the SEC this year by the media. Ole Miss finished tied for sixth in the league standings after being projected ninth in the preseason media poll last year. The Rebels have finished above their preseason projected finish each of the last five seasons since the league moved away from a divisional for mat.
• Senior F Sebastian Saiz is the second-leading returning rebounder in the SEC from last season and is the league’s active career leader with 599 rebounds. He also ranks second in the league among active players with nine career double-doubles.
Frances Buchanan is a senior Integrated Marketing Communications major in the Meek School of Journalism and New Media. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up to receive Hottytoddy.com morning and evening headline emails HERE!
Follow HottyToddy.com on Facebook (If You Love Oxford and Ole Miss...), Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat (@hottytoddynews).