Downtown becomes one big restaurant for tasting tonight.
Tonight, November 1, from 5 to 9 p.m., the fifth annual Square Toast for Scholarships provides Oxonians with a great taste of wine and food. The walking wine- and food-tasting event is spread across the restaurants and businesses on the Oxford Square. Event goers check in at the courthouse to receive their wine glasses and a map to participating vendors.
In the winter of 2008, three students and two faculty members within the Department of Nutrition and Hospitality Management set out to organize a fundraising event to benefit their own students, peers, and friends. Square Toast for Scholarships was born. The event is produced by the Department of Nutrition and Hospitality Management at the School of Applied Sciences of the University of Mississippi.
The 2011 event was marked by many firsts: first time the event was incorporated into a larger class from within the department (31 students); first time to gross over $20,000 for the event; first time to have over 80 items in our silent auction; and the first time to incorporate a live auction into the event. More than 280 patrons showed support for the event and ventured into 29 different venues on the Historic Oxford Square.
Square Toast for Scholarships has officially grossed more than $57,000 to go towards the scholarship fund.
Click here for more information.
2012 Participating Venues and Restaurants
- A Look Ahead Eyewear with My Michelle’s
- AC’s Bed & Bath Co. with Panini home of Oxford Catering
- Belles and Beaus
- The Brooks Collection with Woodson Ridge Farms
- Cat Daddy’s
- Cicada for Him
- Holli’s Sweet Tooth with Sugaree’s Bakery
- Irie on the Square
- Lacey Lauren’s & The Blue Lark with Petra Cafe
- The Lily Pad with Taylor Grocery Special Events Catering
- LuLu’s with Party Waitin’ to Happen
- Material Girls
- McEwen’s Oxford
- Miss Monogram with Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory
- My Favorite Shoes Too with Old Country Store
- Nella with Bin 612
- Old Venice Pizza Co.
- Olive Juice Gifts with Banquets at the Inn
- Pink and Proper
- Private Gallery with Emileigh’s
- Proud Larry’s
- Rib Cage Oxford
- Something Southern with Lenoir Dining
- Soulshine Pizza Factory
- South Depot Taco Shop
- Two Stick
- Warehouse 605 with LBs. Meat Market
- YaYa’s Frozen Yogurt with Olivia’s Food Emporium